U.S. Citizen Services
American Citizen Services - U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
Welcome to the American Citizen Services unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Sapporo! We are here to provide information and services to U.S. citizens living or visiting in Hokkaido, as well as Aomori, Akita, Iwate and Miyagi prefectures in the Tohoku Region of Japan.
Before or after you arrive in Japan, we encourage you to register with us at the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This provides us with timely information to make contact with you or your family in the case of an emergency or natural disaster.
Please call 011-641-1115 or e-mail SapporoACS@state.gov
Hours for appointments: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday (except U.S. and Japanese holidays)
Please click Here for our map and directions.
All assistance is by appointment only. Please call or send an e-mail with a call back phone number before coming to the Consulate. We can provide the following services to U.S. citizens:
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) of U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Passport services
- Notaries and signature certifications
- Single Affidavit for Marriage in Japan
- Social Security and other Federal benefits
- Consular Report of Death of U.S. Citizen Abroad
We can also provide U.S. citizens with information about:
- Attorneys in Sapporo, Hokkaido and Northern Tohoku Areas
- Doctors and Hospitals in Sapporo, Hokkaido and Northern Tohoku Areas
- Radiation, Health and Food Safety Information Post-Fukushima
- Other Services and Information
If we are not able to assist you, we will try to direct you to the appropriate offices that can.